A revaluation of property assessments in the Township shall occur for the 2023 assessment year. The assessor will be viewing properties from January 5, 2023 through the end of June. An approximate date when the new assessment notices will be sent to property owners is late August.
Please also notice that the Assessor has certain statutory authority to enter land as described in state law (secs. 943.13 and 943.15, Wis. Stats.).
State law allows entry onto private property or a construction site (not including buildings, agricultural land or pasture, or livestock confinement areas) once per year (assessment cycle), for property tax assessment purposes unless the property owner authorizes additional visits. The following are requirements under state law:
• Purpose – reason for the entry must be to make an assessment on behalf of the state or a political subdivision
• Date – entry must be on a weekday during daylight hours, or at another time as agreed upon with the property owner
• Duration – assessor’s visit must not be more than one hour
• Scope – assessor must not open doors, enter through open doors, or windows, without owners permission.
• Notice – if the property owner or occupant is not present, the assessor must leave a notice on the principal building providing the owner information on how to contact them